Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lesson Number Four.

After leaving Sea Crest Equestrian Center, I decided to schedule my fourth lesson back with my old trainer, Amanda Neave, at her barn, SBC Equestrian. I am so happy that I decided to ride with her again. I didn't realize until I was back riding with her, just how much I missed being around the barn and the horses.

I used to board my horse, Susie, with Mandi up until I sold her (back in 2008). She took me to several successful horse shows along with two other girls, Kaley and Darby. We were our own little barn group and we had a blast hanging out and riding together.
Mandi had me ride her horse, Beau, for my lesson last Sunday. I used to ride Beau back in the day and we made a pretty good pair if I do say so myself. He is a lot of fun to ride; such a good hearted and kind horse. Here are some pictures of us together about 5 years ago.
My lesson went pretty well. Mandi had us do a lot of flat work to start off. Beau is a little out of shape (as am I), so he wasn't bending and collecting like he use to but we will get there.
After our flat work we started jumping. He was being really great and relaxed but there were a few times where the two of us just weren't on the same page. We were jumping down one line, he took the first jump really nice but when we landed after the second jump, he veered to the left, I lost my balance and I fell off. Yep I fell off! It wasn't too bad, I almost landed on my feet. Beau took off and ran back to the barn so we had to go get him, I got back on and jumped a little more with no issues.
It is really great to be riding again with Mandi! I'm really excited about it and am enjoying being back around some old friends. Lesson number five is scheduled for next Sunday and this time Nick is coming along to watch me ride! I can't wait for him to see me out there doing my thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment