Monday, August 12, 2013

Lesson Number Five.

Yes you read that title correctly! I had a riding lesson last Thursday with my trainer, Mandi!
I had to take a not so brief hiatus because Mandi was nearing the end of her pregnancy, had the baby and then needed recovery time before she could get back to teaching. So after a very long five months, I'm back in the saddle! I rode Beau again (he'll be the horse I always ride) and he was a gem.
We did a ton of flat work and transitions (walk-trot, trot-canter and walk-canter). It was hard work but those transitions and doing sitting trot to posting trot to two point are great for my balance and strength. After an hour of doing this I was exhausted! I was really feeling that five month break.
That's pretty much what I looked like after my lesson; except not as cute and cuddly! My legs are still sore today! 

I've already scheduled my next lesson for this Saturday and cannot wait! I hope to be able to take some pictures this time to share with you, so keep your eye out for a post on lesson number six next week!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh those pictures are adorable!! I can't wait to see lesson #6!

    ReplyDelete