Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014.

Wow, I can't believe it is already 2014! As you have probably noticed, I ended up taking an unplanned break from the blog over the holidays. It was nice to get away and focus on time with family. My sister came to town with her family and stayed for a few weeks and then we were expecting Nick's parents to come in on December 28th.
 
 
Nick and I spent Christmas Eve together; like we have since we got together. We had a nice evening of wrapping presents, drinking eggnog and driving around and looking at the lights.
Christmas day we opened our presents together, relaxed and Nick put my new bench together for me! For dinner we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house and spent time with them and my Mom's family. It was a great time and we didn't leave until around 10pm!
 
After the holidays we anxiously waited for my in-laws to come into town that Saturday. Nick and I ended up going to the Pistons game in Orlando on Friday which made for a fun start to what would be a great week with his parents.

The four of us went out to the barn together and they watched me ride Beau. He was really good that day! Were getting close to our show so starting tomorrow I will be making lots of trips out to the barn to ride.
New Year's Eve was spent at the house. My Aunt Cathy, Uncle Donald and cousin Kiera stopped by for a few hours before heading over to another party. It was great for them to get to spend some time with Nick's parents and us.
New Year's Day we drove up to my Dad's house to exchange Christmas gifts and have some lunch on the water. On our way to get a bite to eat we stopped at Blue Springs State Park to see the manatees.
Barb took me out to Dover Saddlery to get me my early birthday presents! She bought me new tall boots and a new show jacket! I love them so much and can't wait to show them off at Fox Cry Horse Show on January 25th!
 
This past Friday we went out with Nick's parents, my aunt and uncle and cousin (the same ones from New Year's Eve) and celebrated nick's 30th birthday a little early. It was a blast playing pool and sharing drinks and laughs together. We extended the party late into the evening and enjoyed a relaxing day on Saturday at home before Nick's parents had to fly home.
 
Nick's actual birthday was yesterday. We went out to a local bar just the two of us. We enjoyed some drinks, played pool and listened to music. It was nice to spend some one on one time together after the craziness of the past few weeks.
I also got to tell Nick what his big birthday present from me is and he is so excited! We're going to the Billy Joel concert on the 17th and spending the weekend in Clearwater, Florida. We are both really excited for the concert and a weekend away together.
 
We had a great time with family the past few weeks. Our end to 2013 and the beginning of 2014 have been wonderful! We have so much look forward to this year, we have lots of fun things planned and we'll be busy getting ready to move to Michigan! I hope you all had wonderful holidays and are starting out the new year on a good note.
 
Nick and I finished painting the house and I'll be doing a before and after post for you very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment