Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Update and Ham n Cheese Crescents.

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful start to our last week in April – it’s crazy how fast time is going by this year!

Nick and I had a lovely weekend together just the two of us. He had finals all week through Saturday but we were able to make it out on Friday once I got off of work. We’ve been talking about how we need to use the free Disney passes I got from work because this will be our last year to enjoy them before we move. Since I get off of work early on Fridays, we decided we would spend the afternoon and evening at Epcot.
It was a nice day, a little warm (it’s already in the 90’s here – yikes!) but in the shade and once the sun started going down, it was perfect. We did a lot of walking, tried a few beers in the different countries and rode several rides.
It was really nice to go out and spend time together. I think it was especially nice for Nick to get out of the house since he was cooped up there almost all week studying for and taking final exams. He still had a big test to do on Saturday so we hung around the house and I made some food for the Tigers and Red Wings games. Below is a really simple recipe from Pillsbury I threw together and it is perfect as a game day appetizer. I think it would also be a great meal for a kid’s lunch.

Ham n’ Cheese Crescents
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 thin slices cooked ham (8 oz)
4 thin slices Cheddar cheese (4 oz), each cut into 4 strips

Heat oven to 350°F. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place 1 piece of ham on each triangle; place 2 strips of cheese down center of ham. Fold in edges of ham to match shape of dough triangle.

Roll up each crescent, ending at tip of triangle. Place with tips down on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

Sunday is our chill day so I went to the barn and rode Beau and Nick just relaxed at the house. This week I’m focusing on my cousins wedding and helping where I can to get everything together. This will be the first wedding we’ve attended since our own in 2012. I’m excited to be a part of the planning process and can’t wait until Friday to help setup and finalize details!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, your blog is so cute. I apologize that I don't look into this very often. I do look at it from time to time though, I want you to know. I love you and Nick so much and cannot wait for your move to Michigan!!! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gina! It's okay I'm just glad you still stop by to read time to time! We love you and are so excited to move :)

    ReplyDelete