Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Job search - Detroit.

I have been keeping track of job openings within my current company in Detroit for about six months now. I just check periodically to get an idea of what to expect when we are ready to start applying. I was very motivated when I checked yesterday and saw that there are 17 open positions right now! We definitely qualify for a lot of them and we hope that because we already work for the company, they will be more apt to hire us and be flexible with our transfer to Michigan from Florida.

Even thought I am looking at jobs now, I know we won't start applying until about April. Right now our focus is going to be on our house; fixing up the yard, organizing the inside and getting rid of things we don't need. I foresee some spring cleaning and maybe a garage sale in our future.

It will be nice to get things in order and prepare our house to be put on the market. We have done some research into how to sell a house (using a realtor) and also on the homes that have recently sold in our neighborhood. There have been more sales than I expected to see. We had six homes sell this fall/winter and two or three were this past December. All of them were about what we paid for ours two years ago, or more! So we think that's a good sign, along with the fact that it'll be a traditional sale and not a foreclosure or short sale, we hope that'll grab peoples interest.

My hopes for this move are high! I know that I need to stay patient with it and pray about it because we just don't know what is going to happen. We are doing our part to move forward with it but I think the most important thing we are doing is puting it in God's hands and letting him lead us to what is supposed to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment