Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Two Thousand Twelve.

The year 2012 held several big life events for us. I'll go down the line of some of the things that stick out to me from this past year.

February - We went to the Detroit Tigers practice and spring training. We have gone to Tiger's spring training games for a few years now but never went to the practice. This year we decided to check it out. It is a closer and more personal interaction with the players and manager.

Miguel Cabrera
Justin Verlander

We were standing so close to them! It was a really neat experience to get to see our favorite players so up close and personal. After watching almost every single Tiger's game you feel like you know them and it is really neat to get to see them interacting with eachother and fans in person. When I saw this ladies shirt I had to take a picture. I want one of those shirts, it's too cute!
 
 
We got several autographs that day but the highlight was meeting Prince Fielder and getting our picture taken with him!

 
June - We saw the Tigers play the Rays in Tampa. We were bummed that we couldn't go to Comerica Park this year to see our boys play but knew we had to go see them when they were close to town. So we went over to Tampa for the weekend and watched two games there.
 
We got Quintin Berry to sign a ball for us!
 
 
We also explored Tampa a little bit and went to the Holocaust Museum, which was interesting, and we went to the pier one day to grab some lunch by the water.
 

 
 
 
If you couldn't tell, the Tigers take up a lot of our year. But we like it that way!
 
September - We welcomed my nephew to the world, Elijah James. His birth had been a much anticipated event, especially since my sisters due date was October 7th, the day after our wedding! But it turned out perfectly, she had him a week before the wedding and they were able to attend the wedding!
 
 
 
 
October - We got married! It was the best time of my life! It is so difficult to put into words everything that I felt and went through that weekend (hince the lack of no information on my Wedding page). It was such an amazing time for myself and Nick and I will fill everyone in more when I can put the post together...along with the Honeymoon details.
 
 
 
 
November - We went to Michigan for Thanksgiving and had a great time with Nick's Family. I got to see snow actually falling for the first time! It was so pretty. I caught a picture of this snowflake...
 

 
December - We spent our first Christmas together as Newlyweds! This year has been very special. A lot of time went into planning our wedding, so we weren't able to do as much traveling as we usually do throughout the year but it was our best year so far. I really don't know what to expect in 2013, though I do know we will have some new adventures and goals in our life. A few things come to mind right now, horseback riding and competing, work on getting our AA's, buy a new car (SUV) and work on our move to the mitten! I am so excited for what 2013 has to offer.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you've had a busy year! I used to ride horses and would love to get back into it. It's so time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find the time, you dedinitely should! Maybe even take the kiddos along? It can get pretty time consuming, especially if you buy your own horse.

      Delete
  2. 2012 was a good year and I am so thankful to have you and Nick to share it with us. I think 2013 is going to be even better, just without newborns and weddings. I am enjoying your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! I think 2013 will be a great year too! Thanks for reading my blog. I'm glad you enjoy it.

      Delete