Thursday, January 10, 2013

MIA.

Sorry I have been missing in action for a few days! Nick's 29th Birthday was this past Sunday! Saturday he went golfing with my Uncle Donald. They played 9 holes and then on his way home he called to see if I wanted to go out with him and play 9 more...and of course I did!

 

I have only golfed (not including mini golf) one other time about 3 years ago so I really wasn't sure how it was going to go. It turned out I'm not too shabby and Nick is awesome! He should go pro! It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. We are definitely going to keep golfing together!

 
 
On our way home from the golf course we saw our neighborhood paraglider! We started seeing him a few months ago. They live in our neighborhood and take off from the elementary schools baseball field right next to us. Apparently he is now giving tours because he now has his phone number flying behind him. My Dad used to fly these, so I know he will like these pictures.

 
 

On Sunday we did whatever Nick wanted to do...that consisted of us hanging out at home and me cooking any meal that he wanted. He is pretty easy to please! I made a pot roast in the slow cooker with onion, garlic and carrots. I also made the same bread we had on New Years Day and a Lombardi family favorite, cheesy potatoes (so bad but oh so good!).

I hope Nick had a good birthday, he definitely deserved to! I was worried because we didn't plan anything exciting but he kept telling me we were doing exactly what he wanted, relaxing! It was nice to sit back and relax after all the craziness of the holidays.

In horsie news, I spoke with my trainer today and confirmed my first lesson with him! It's at 11:00 a.m. this Sunday at Sea Crest Equestrian Center! Here are some pictures of the beautiful barn.

 
 
I've invited my Dad to come out and watch and also be my photographer/videographer ao I can share with everyone. I am beyond excited! I am also starting to get a little nervous. I'm not sure how I'm going to do since it has been so long since I have ridden. I'm afraid I'm not going to have the stamina to last for a whole hour lesson or that I am going to even remember everything. Everyone keeps telling me it will be like riding a bike; I'm sure hoping they're right. I am thinking that my running and weight lifting for the past two weeks will help with my endurance and strength for riding.

I am loving working out on my lunch break! It was a great idea and the best decision for me. I've been doing intervals of treadmill, weights and abs. Along with eating healthy, I think that I am definitely losing fat and gaining muscle. I'm feeling really good about it!

I'm sorry again for my hiatus! I'll be better about posting SOMETHING in the future, even when I'm not sure what to talk about.

2 comments:

  1. Glad Nick had a fun and relaxing birthday, sounds perfect for a post-holiday-craziness celebration. Those pictures all look so so warm! I'm sitting here in a snowstorm and you are making me veeery jealous.

    I love cheesy potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! It is warm here...and it has been all winter but the bad part of it is that it doesn't really feel like winter, especially around the holidays. I can't wait to get to experience a white Christmas! I'm sure the cold and snow gets old real quick though :) I'm glad you know what cheesy potatoes are! No one here ever does and they are so yummy!

      Delete