Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ginger Glazed Tilapia.

Since it is Ash Wednesday I had to exclude meat from our meal tonight for dinner. Also, because my sister recently moved out on her own to North Carolina and because I want to, I am going to start sharing recipes and meals that I make. As I have stated in prior posts, I am eating with a healthy conscience mind and am working on getting in shape so most of my recipes will be healthy (or at least what I consider to be healthy).

Tonight's meal:

Brown Rice
I threw in a cup of brown rice and 2 cups of water into my beloved rice cooker and let it do its thing for 25 minutes. Then the rice was done!


Asparagus
We had uncooked asparagus left over from my birthday meal so I cut the stems, threw in some onion, a tbs of minced garlic and a tbs of Hoisin Sauce in a skillet and cooked it on medium heat for about 5 minutes.



Ginger Glazed Tilapia with brown rice and asparagus
-Ingredients-
  • 3-4 Tilapia Fillets
  • 3 Tbs. Honey
  • 3 Tbs. Soy Sauce
  • 3 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
  • 2 Tsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 Tsp. Grated Ginger Root
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste

In a small bowl, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fillets with salt and pepper and place into 9x13 dish. Pour marinade over the fish.



Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish and reserve marinade. Fry fish 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turn once.


Remove fillets to serving platter. Pour marinade into skillet and heat over medium heat until you get a glaze consistency.


Spoon over fillets and rice. Serve immediately.


I hope you all enjoy this recipe, and any future recipes that I post!

2 comments:

  1. The tilapia looks great! I need to start eating more fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was good and a hit with the husband..always a plus! We don't eat fish often enough either.

      Delete