Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Four Day Weekend Recap.

Friday - Nick and I already planned on having the Monday after the Super Bowl off since we were hosting a party for some work friends, but while we were at work on Thursday we decided we would try to get Friday off too and start our weekend early! We both got the day off and slept in! Then we did some cleaning, laundry and poking around the house.

Saturday - More cleaning and preparing for the party on Sunday! For lunch I decided to make Tofu Stir Fry. I didn't have a particular recipe I was following for the stir fry but I did used Emily's Crispy Blackened Tofu recipe. I was mostly excited about getting to use my rice cooker! We got it as a gift from Nick's Cousin, Ann and I hadn't used it yet. Let me just say, it is AMAZING! I will definitely use it a lot more now that I know how easy it is to use and clean. You just throw in whatever grain you want to cook add water and turn it on. There's no stick and it does all of the work for you! Mine is also a steamer, so I'll let you know how it goes once I figure that feature out.

Rice Cooker doing its thing

Since it was my first time cooking and even eating tofu, I was a little nervous with it. I didn't know how it would turn out or if we would even like it.

 

The spice mixture was really good and the taste was good, I think it is just the texture of it that did not sit well with us. I was very proud of Nick though, he actually tried tofu! Nick is a meat and potatoes kind of man, so I appreciate him trying all this healthy food along with me.


 
 
But it turns out we are NOT tofu people. It was way more mushy than I had thought it would be, kind of like firm pudding. I got the firm kind but if I ever attempt it again I'll be using the extra firm. Do any of you know if there is a big difference between firm and extra firm?

Saturday night we went out and watched the Michigan vs. Indiana game with some people from work. It was a good game but unfortunately Michigan lost and now they are ranked number three this week.

Sunday - Super Bowl Sunday! As I've mentioned, we hosted a Super Bowl Party for some work friends Sunday. Nick loves hosting and he went out and bought all of these decorations and put them up while I cooked.



My favorite thing was this awesome cooler! It is really big; almost as tall as me!


I didn't get any pictures of the food I made because just as it was finishing up our first guests arrived. We had taco dip, crab dip, pizza rolls, Hormel and Velveeta dip, spinach dip and weenies. Lots of good food, beer and friends. I was rooting for the Ravens because San Francisco beat the Tigers in the World Series last year and I didn't want the city winning again. I guess you can say I am holding a grudge..

Monday - We had off work and we RELAXED! We slept in again and enjoyed the day in our cozy home. Our day pretty much looked like this...


I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the Super Bowl!

 
 
Right now we are watching the Michigan vs. Ohio (booo!) game. It's a maize out tonight! All the players are wearing maize everything, jerseys, shorts, socks and shoes. I think it lookes pretty cool. It's half time now and Michigan is down by one... they need to win; can't lose to Ohio again!
 
GO BLUE!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Tofu really does get some getting used to, especially if you're used to meat texture. I'm impressed your husband even attempted it though. I really need to look into getting some kind of crock pot/rice cooker/slow cooker thing. They seem so useful!

    ReplyDelete