Tuesday, July 2, 2013

6 week workout plan.

Here is the plan:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: The Biggest Loser: Cardio Max DVD
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays: Running
Sunday: Rest

Like I attempted about two months ago, I will do the DVD on level 1 (25 min) for weeks 1 and 2, level 2 (35 min) for weeks 3 and 4 and level 3 (45 min) for weeks 5 and 6. On my running days I plan on following a 6 week 5k training plan that I found online. It is a lot like Couch to 5k but instead of 9 weeks it's condensed to 6 weeks.

I started last night with my DVD and it felt great!
Having a few weeks off from working out probably means that I'm going to be really sore tomorrow but no matter what I am going to work through it! I am just so thankful that I am not sick anymore (3 long weeks of being sick is no fun!) and can get active again. 

Today is my first day of running in a while. Several months ago I started getting really painful shin splints that wouldn't heal. I stopped running and I haven't felt any pain in a while. I hope with starting back slow (walk-run intervals) that that will ease my muscles back into it and they'll strengthen correctly. My fingers are crossed! Plan B if I can't run is walking and weight lifting with my husband.

For additional motivation, I have accepted a challenge from Amber over at Mommy's Me Time to track my walking/running miles in her Summer Fitness Challenge - Mommy needs to move. Even though I'm not a mommy yet, she invited anyone to join! It is a fun way to get motivation from other women who are trying to get into or stay on shape and be healthy. If any of you want to join this challenge, please do so! It is really simple to create a Daily Mile login and start tracking your miles. You can also log your miles from your phone using the Electric miles App!

I hope you join and we can start getting fit together this summer! The challenge started on June 21 and ends September 21. Check out weekly updates on Wednesday's at Amber's blog! You can also friend request me on Daily Mile and follow my workouts.

Let me know of you join and what your fitness plans are for the summer. I would love to hear about them! We can all find motivation in each other to better ourselves and take care of our bodies. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment